|As the pub once looked (photo courtesy of The Derehams Arms)|| |
The pub today
The Derehams Inn along Derehams Lane, which still stands today, was once called The Bricklayers Arms. A Mr Baker was the landlord there from 1899-1939.
The pub was originally built as farm cottages and so its early name is something of a mystery.
There were a good number of pubs and coaching inns in this area because the London Road, Kingsmead and Boundary Road were popular routes for mill workers and travellers.
Back to map